Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Cookies!

Overall, I think I'm a pretty good wife. However, if you ask Ryan he would say that I need to bake cookies more often! If he had it his way there would be a constant supply of baked goods. Unfortunately, I just don't have the time to bake that much. Plus if baked goods are in my house I will eat them!!!

Anyway this past weekend, while Ryan was working on our laundry room (another post for another time), I got out all the ingredients and fired up my wonderful Kitchen Aid stand mixer. (Thanks Heidi!)


My little helper got a little bit close when I was adding the flour!


I made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. My dad doesn't like the chocolate chip part so I baked a few for him before I added the chocolate chips. The recipe I used is the same one my family always uses but the last couple times I've made them they haven't been right. This time they were pretty crunchy. I'm not sure what I did wrong or differently. The good news is that they are still being eaten, and Ryan said he doesn't mind if I keep trying to perfect the recipe!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sydney's a freckle face! I'm sure she's a HUGE helper when it comes to baking too! :-)