Friday, April 24, 2009

I HEART BRAD!!!

I have a major crush! And it's not my husband!
But don't worry he knows all about it!

I MAJOR-LEAGUE HEART BRAD PAISLEY!!!
I love his music! I love his songs! I love his lyrics
I love his music videos! I love his cute little family!
All around he just seems like a really amazing guy!
And on February 28th I got to see him live and in person!
When the tickets to his show when on sale months ago Kate and I were waiting and we bought them right away. It took few tries but we were able to score 4 pretty good seats for Brad's show at the T-Dome. I'm not sure the boys were as excited about the show as we were but they came anyway! We decided to go down early, get a good parking spot and grab a bite to eat before the show. We parked near the stadium and rode the Link Light Rail into town!We ate dinner at the Harmon Brewery! It was good food and good beer. The perfect way to start off our evening. Kate and I had fun noticing all the cowboys that were out and about before the concert! I guess we wouldn't have been so out of place if we wore our cowboy hats to dinner. After dinner we had enough time for dessert so we stopped at Hello, Cupcake!

Can you believe it there just happened to be a cupcake shop right down the street from where we had dinner?!?!?! FYI ~ I HEART CUPCAKES!!! Maybe even more that I heart Brad. We picked out some very yummy vittles and then walked to Starbucks for a little pick me up. The old people the group thought they might need a little caffeine to make it through the whole show! Then it was back to the car to pick up our hats and head to the show. Kate and I were so excited!!! We could not contain ourselves. The first stop once inside was the t-shirt stand where be both bought Ts, then a stop at the lou and finally to our seats to wait for the show to start!

The show was AWESOME!!! We had so much fun! Crystal Shawanda, a country newcomer, opened the show. She was followed by another one of my favorite country stars, Dierks Bentley! The both rocked but the party really started when Brad hit the stage!

Brad was amazing! He puts on a great show. One of the things that surprised me was how multifaceted his show was. There was so much going on with lights, sound and video. The best part of his show is that it truly is HIS show. He had a hand in creating every aspect. During one of his instrumental (read: rocking guitar) songs there was a animated show that played on the big screen at the back of the stage. At the end of the show the credits said "Animated by Brad Paisley!" See I told you he is amazing!

It was a great night of good food, good beer, great cupcakes, and AWESOME show and an even AWESOMER time hanging out with AWESOME friends!!!

No comments: